General Application Instructions
Berea Term Abroad
- Fall: February 15
- Spring: September 15
- BIST (faculty-led): October 21
- All other programs: February 15
How to Apply to Study Abroad
Before you apply to study abroad, be sure to review the Education Abroad Policies to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements and are aware of important policies. Make sure to check the Center for International Education's website for detailed information about different international opportunities. We also recommend that you meet with the Education Abroad Advisor prior to submitting your application.
- Create an account in Abroad Office:
- Log in to Abroad Office
- Be sure to complete (or update) your profile, including citizenship, passport, academic information and current address prior to submitting the required application forms.
Semester Abroad (Fall / Spring)
- Find and add the program with which to study abroad, either online, or through Abroad Office, or through catalogs or brochures which can be found at the Center for International Education.
- Add this program in abroad office by finding the program and clicking apply. If the program does not exist in abroad office you can request that we add it by emailing us at (email@example.com)
Go to the programs website and also apply to it.
- Fill out all forms associated with the program you have added.
- If you are applying to one of the Berea faculty led summer programs (Berea International Summer Term – BIST), add the appropriate BIST course and fill out the associated forms.
- If you are applying for any other summer programs, which we refer to as External Programs, find it on Abroad Office and click apply. If the program does not exist in Abroad Office, you can request that we add it by emailing us at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are Bonner scholar or receiving a grant from the Campus Christian Center, find the Registration to Volunteer Abroad program for the appropriate term and apply to it, filling out any associated forms.
- Go the programs website and fill out the appropriate application for the program.
- Most applications have two parts – applying for permission to study abroad and generally funding from Berea as well as applying to the program sponsors.
- Exceptions are BIST programs.
To find and add programs
- Use the search bar on the left side of the page, below the links.
- To add a program click the apply link on the right of the program you want to apply to.